The Leeds City College Vision for Learning (V4L) is where staff and students work as partners to co-create an inspirational learning community that meets the needs of learners, employers and key stakeholders regionally and nationally.
The Leeds City College Vision for Learning (V4L) will focus on six dimensions which identify functions of the organisation and business processes that need to be addressed to realise our Vision. These are to:
1. create a college culture which provides an inspirational climate for learning.
2. design and deliver a ‘curriculum for learning’ where learning is accurately matched to learner ability, needs and aspirations.
3. equip teachers with the professional characteristics, skills, knowledge and understanding of contemporary pedagogy to deliver exceptional learning programmes.
4. ensure learners and staff work in partnership to co-create a learning community which is inclusive and supports all learners to achieve their full potential.
5. be rigorous and honest in the evaluation and review of learning, accurately identifying where learners and staff can improve outcomes.
6. ensure all learners complete their studies successfully having benefited from outstanding learning which fully prepares them for employment or continuing studies.
The LCC V4L will be realised when:
- Learning, teaching and assessment are judged as exceptional by students, parents/carers, employers and wider stakeholders.
- All learning programmes are personalised following an accurate assessment of learners’ prior attainment, educational goals and career aspirations.
- Learning, teaching and assessment (pedagogy) is adaptive and flexible, meeting diverse learner characteristics and learning preferences.
- Resourcing meets the needs and demands of blended learning programmes and provides for the opportunity to study outside traditional learning contexts, meeting employer and wider community needs.
- All teachers are passionate about learning and aware of their effectiveness and on-going professional development needs to ensure consistent delivery of a high impact, quality learning experience.
- Leeds City College is recognised as an outstanding and innovative provider of inspirational learning programmes.
Benefits for Staff:
- Encourage and support for staff to improve professional practice through self-reflection in an open and inclusive environment.
- Establish a community of learning where all staff recognise and feel valued for their individual contribution to learner success.
- Provide a clear framework for improving learning, teaching and assessment which builds on existing best practice.
- Identify priorities for action that will focus the whole organisation on what is needed to improve learner outcomes.
- Create dynamic models of curriculum delivery incorporating new technologies.
- Improve learner commitment to their learning through better motivation and desire to succeed.
Benefits for Students:
- Real world learning that is personalised to individual needs and aspirations.
- New approaches to learning which better meet the preferred ways of learning of students.
- Opportunity for all students irrespective of background to achieve their ambitions in an inspiring and inclusive environment.
- Increased options for more flexible study patterns which realistically allow learners to balance study, employment and other commitments.
- Improved links with employers and wider stakeholders which provides greater opportunity for successful progression.
- Creative, dedicated and passionate staff who develop leaners and support every learner to progress.
- Assessment models that are flexible and innovative, using a wider range of evidence to demonstrate learning.